Monday, April 8, 2013

SFS Crop-a-thon Bonus Challenges

Well I surprised myself and managed to complete the two bonus challenges for the SFS Easter Crop-a-thon, taking my total number of layouts for the week to 14. I loved the two challenges and have to say that these two layouts would have to be among my favourites of the year so far.

Challenge 1 - use the quote 'Be yourself - everyone else is taken' somewhere on the layout. I love this photo of Lachlan taken on Easter Sunday - this is totally him. I hope he never changes.
And a close-up of some of the clustering. I think I am slowly getting the hang of it ;) 
Challenge 2 - use white cardstock as the background and create an embellishment cluster using at least three of the following: doily, flower, butterfly, flair, twine. I chose the doily, flair and twine. This is a fairly quite layout to do. The corrugated paper is actually the packaging off a new set of sheets I bought the morning I made the layout. I peeled the outer layer off to expose the corrugated core - a bit different for me ;)
And a close-up of my favourite embellishment cluster on this layout. After lots of umming and ahhing, I decided not to create an actual title for the layout, but use the vintage Heidi Swapp Verb Sticker as the title instead. To me, the photo says it all <3>
So that's it - all 14 challenges for SFS completed and the extra bonus is that the regular monthly challenges were also some of the crop-a-thon challenges so that is another set of challenges checked off the list :-)
Take care
S xoxoxo

No comments: