So imagine my surprise last week when I actually felt the urge to pull some paints and masks out of the deep dark corners of my scrap space to come up with this:
Not only is it quite different to my usual 'clean' style but purple is a colour that I rarely, if ever, use and I cannot remember the last time I used ric-rac on a layout. From the first time I laid eyes on the colours in Lachie's soccer jersey, I have been thinking about how on earth I would scrap something using the colour purple. I think it is at least 4 or 5 years since I used deliberately chose purple to use on a layout.
A close-up of the handmade heart that came in a prize pack from Charm I won after the Easter Cybercrop at Scrapbooking from Scratch.
So not only did I use paint, purple and ric-rac, but I also pulled out the sewing machine ... wonders will never cease ;)
What did this layout teach me? Well I learnt that:
- paint and masks can be your friend (but ssssshhhhhh don't tell certain people I said that)
- using paint and masks doesn't have to equal messy
- there is a scrapping use for empty toilet rolls
- I should consider getting more purple things for my stash, if only to scrap more soccer photos
- I survived stepping out of my comfort zone