Friday, May 15, 2015

Swimming Shares

I am back again today with two more swimming-related layouts.
Layout One doesn't have a title as such but I think the Heidi Swapp 'Adore' Project Life card is an adequate substitute. I used one of my favourite go-to designs here with one-third patterned paper and two-thirds cardstock. What I love most about this design is that you can get four different looks just by rotating the paper 90 degrees - the perfect way to create layouts quick without having your albums all look the same.
Layout Two - Happy Day. While I love the simplicity of this layout, I am not 100% happy with it. As much as I tried, I just couldn't get all of the emotions from that day transferred to the layout. Yes Lachlan has won lots of medals and trophies for his swimming but this was the first year he was eligible to participate in representative swimming at a school level and I just don't know how to get all of that emotion onto the layout. Maybe it is one of those things that can't be put onto paper - perhaps being there in the moment was enough. I know I will never forget that day and I hope Lachie doesn't either. 
So here is my question - what do YOU do to transfer the emotions from real-life onto the page. Ideas greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
S xoxoxox

No comments: