Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Stuck, more Savvy and just because

So far this month I have managed to complete 3 out of the 4 challenges over at Stuck?! Sketches. Obviously there is still one more challenge left to do but with tomorrow being the last day of the month, I don't fancy my chances of getting it done. The fact that I appear to have picked up the same chesty cold that Lachlan had last week isn't helping scrapping matters either. I hope I can just push through it enough to make it to the end of term without having to have any more time off - 13 school days to go - not that I am counting or anything lol. Anyway enough of that - if I stop thinking about being sick then maybe it will just magically disappear lol. Back to Stuck?! The following layout is based on their Birthday Bonus Sketch. A little bit simpler than I originally intended but wanted the layout to be all about the photo. Sometimes we call Lachlan 'Lachiepop' so of course, that had to be the title. I think this photo is my favourite individual pic of Lach from our family photoshoot. And yes, your eyes aren't deceiving you - I have scrapped this photo already this month and who knows, I might even scrap it again lol.
Layout 2 is the final challenge from Scrapbook Savvy's August Cybercrop - Sar's Blind Scrap. I didn't get it 'right', especially with the ribbon - nothing seemed to work so I went with my current 'old faithful' - Twine. Almost out of the colour (Caribean Blue) I have used here - need to go shopping and get myself some more lol. And what do you know, here is another photo that I have scrapped a few times already and one that may have made it to the cover of Scrapbooking Memories Magazine ;)

Note: yes the red patterned paper is crooked but it is staying that way ... for now lol.
Layout 3 is a just because layout using the latest He's Savvy Kit - love this new paper from My Mind's Eye. I feel like I am going back to my beginner days of scrapbooking with a black mount around the photos but I am loving it all the same.Anyway I am determined that I will sleep tonight despite the fact that I slept for the entire afternoon. Given my track record of not sleeping at night if I sleep during the day, I am not fancying my chances.
Hope the winter bugs are staying away from you and your loved ones.
Cheers,
S xoxoxo

3 comments:

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

The pages look great! I've seen a lot of MME papers used recently, and I like it all.

Danielle said...

Great pages! I like how you used the sketch.

Margie Higuchi said...

Great boy pages as a mom of boys - I appreciate this! LOL!! Thanks for the inspiration :)