Friday, October 5, 2012

Race ya!

The other afternoon, I took the boys down to one of the paddocks of wheat for an impromptu photo shoot.  It was fairly late in the day so I didn't manage to get too many good photos (really need to learn to use my camera better :o ) but I found one I was relatively happy with so decided to use it for Kellie's October Sketch Challenge over at Scrapbooking from Scratch.
Here's the sketch:
And this is what I managed to come up with.  LOVED this sketch - very me. I wanted to keep it pretty simple (like me lol) so the focus was on the photo.  I have no doubt that I will be revisiting this sketch again very soon. 
How gorgeous is this heart from Charm's Creations? I knew that I didn't want to go with shades of green on this layout so used the boys' shirts as my inspiration when hunting for embellishments. Charm's heart certainly fit the bill :-) 
Holidays are drawing to a close but I hope to get a few more layouts done before reality kicks in again.  Not long to go now and the school year will be over!
Thanks for stopping by.
S xoxo 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Love it! Great photo too.