Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mid-week roundup

Hey there to anyone who reads this. Today is hump day - woooooooooo hooooooooooooo so gotta love that. Been a tough start to the week with some sadness for one of my Year Nine 'babies'. I hope better times are ahead for their family. It hurts me so much to see one of my babies in distress; sometimes I really do feel that I am their mother - not that I want to replace the family they have, but when you put so much of your heart and soul into the welfare of 160ish of them, it is hard not too care. Seeing my group of students rally around my little buddy was so heartwarming - I know our future is going to be in good hands with these guys and girls.

I did something this week that is a rareity for me - well rare during school time anyway. Wanna guess what it is???
If you guess scrapping, you guessed right!!! Normally I am too brain dead after a day at school or have got too much planning, preparation and marking to do which stops me doing anything scrapping related. However, last night the urge to scrap hit me and I came up with this using the first of the February sketches from Inspired Blueprints (love that place):
Called this LO 'Walking Towards Their Future' and uses even more pics of the boys on the first day of school this year. For the first time in a long time I am feeling more confident in my scrapping abilities. Got the whole cluster thing going on the moment and have to say I am loving it - still see my in the LO's but know that I am slowly evolving my style. Still think I am more of a simple scrapper but definitely using more 'bits' than I have previously used.
Might have a crack at some more scrapping later tonight - no work tomorrow but a bit of a drive ahead of me and maybe, hopefully, a little bit of time to stop into a scrap shop or two hehehehe.
Take care
Me xoxoxo

No comments: