Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Scrap the Boys July Challenge

... has been up over at Scrap the Boys for a few weeks now but I am only just getting around to sharing my take on this month's challenge. This month's challenge was just that - a real challenge - to scrap SCHOOL PHOTOS.  Every year I order every single style of  photo available, telling myself that I WILL scrap them and every year they remain in the envelope they arrived in. I am hoping that this month's challenge is the catalyst that gets me motivated to scrap all of the rest of those school photos. I decided to use Lachlan's photo from 2011. I am happy with the general design of the layout so I am thinking I might repeat it for Mitchell's school photo too.
A close-up of some of the embellishments - a definitions badge from The Greatest View (love their stuff), The Twinery twine, a little apple from A Lil' Something and of course, products from my favourite scrap company October Afternoon. I recently scored a vintage typewriter from a colleague at work and despite the fact that it spent most of December 2010/January 2011 submerged in flood waters, all it needed was a new ribbon and a little bit of a TLC to get it going.  I have been wanting an old typewriter for so long and I can't wait to use it again on my layouts.
I am hoping that seeing the completed layout on the WWW, I might finally get around to scrapping more of those dreaded school pics ;)
I hope that you are all managing to get some creative time somewhere in your life.
Take care.
S xoxoxoxo

2 comments:

donna said...

and you rocked it too hun! At least that uniform makes it fairly easy.. you wait until you get those awful maroon ones soon LOL
We must make a date for another scrap day soon
D xx

Jeanenne said...

Love the misting and the distressed edges. Thanks for playing along at Scrap the Boys!