Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Always Remember

... when I was blog surfing a few days ago, I saw the following quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson here :



Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.



That quote really struck a chord with me. How often have I hung onto silly, trivial things for far too long - answer is too often. If I could want just one thing for both of the boys, it would be for them to have the ability to put each day to bed once the sun has set and leave it there for good. I do not want them to end up like me, over-analysing things, stressing out about how someone may or may not have taken what I said and so on. In saying that, I created this LO for Mitchell, mainly because, personality wise, he is most like me and yes I am scared that he will inherit all my fears and anxieties. Only time will tell.

So thanks Emerson and thanks Ali for giving me the words to express everything I feel, yet cannot say to my two boys.
Til next time.

Sarah xoxo

1 comment:

s4j said...

Love the quote Miss...definately one to live by. Love the LO tooo, but you know that already..LOL