Sunday, January 24, 2010

Still on a high

I have just finished packing up my two submissions for the magazines and I don't think it has sunk in yet - me a published scrapper - what the??????
I just hope now that after all this excitement, both are officially picked up for publication. I guess I will just have to wait and see.
I started back at school on Friday - a student free day full of meetings. Pity the SFD's weren't devoted to planning and preparation; something I see as being more useful and worthwhile. We have another SFD tomorrow and it is more of the same - meeting after meeting after meeting. Whoever says teachers get it easy with all the holidays they have needs to be a teacher for a year to see how much work actually gets done on 'our own time'. I can't wait to get into my classes and teach - I LOVE my job; I feel very fortunate to have a job that I love so much (most of the time) and, while I wouldn't mind a short break from it one of these days, I can't see myself doing anything else other than teaching.
Anyway before the chaos that is school begins, I made the most of my afternoon by doing some scrapping - been a bit light on after the rush at the start of the year. The aim is to complete at least one page every week, more if possible during good times to make up for those periods when I get weighed down with marking and life.

I love these pics of Mitch wearing his new glasses; was worried for a while that he might not want to wear them, but there was not need to worry, he rarely takes them off. He is one cool kid.

Well, I think that is all for now. Best go do some more planning and housework before tomorrow. Hope to have the house all in order so that I can have 'me' time all day Tuesday.

S xoxoxoxo

p.s. wanna see some brilliant art work??? take a look here

1 comment:

Sarah Lou said...

Oh i love that layout! It simply rocks! I bow down to you and a hearty salute! teaching is major, I hope you are blessed with a class full of wonderful students!