Friday, December 14, 2012

Big Air

This photo of Mitchell would have to be one of my favourite photos of him 2012. 

I snapped this photo during his birthday celebrations last weekend. I couldn't wait to scrap it, so I did.
I used some of the special effects on PicMonkey to edit the photo. I don't really know why but when I was going through my papers, the colour orange kept jumping out at me.  In turn Shimelle Laine style, I scoured through my bag of scraps and pulled out all of the little bits and pieces of orange papers and teamed them with different shades of blue and aqua so I could make a messy stack.  The diagonal striped paper for the background is actually the B side of one of the latest Christmas papers from October Afternoon - bet you wouldn't have guessed that! I don't have many orange thickers so used some orange ink to re-colour some pink ones in my favourite 'Lullaby' font.  Add in some washi tape, Studio Calico wood veneer shapes and a few flair buttons and the layout is done.
Shock horror - I have to say that I think this layout is my favourite layout of 2012, maybe of all time.
Thanks for stopping by.
S xoxo

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Nice Shoot Mitchell....:)
Arik Air Tickets