Saturday, December 15, 2012

Little Swimmer

Our boys love to swim. Mitchell is in the Intermediate Squad and trains 4 days a week and Lachlan is swimming at the 'Dolphin' level and will soon be moving to the Transition Squad. All of their hard work has really paid off this season. Mitchell has taken 20 seconds off his time for the 50m freestyle across the last 12 months and, this past weekend, represented our local swimming club at the State Relay Swimming Championships (more to come about that in a future post). At his recent school carnival, Lachlan walked away with first places for all of the events he participated in. He was a very happy, albeit tired, boy by the end of the day. I was fortunate enough to be able go to the carnival because of my long service leave. Normally, I only get to make it if I have non-contact time at work or if I can't make it, one of my friends sends regular updates via text message. I made the most of being there by snapping heaps of photos.

And some closeups. Used washi tape, two different mists to create splatters across the page, a page runner from Charm's Creations, flair button from the Greatest View, Studio Calico wood veneers and vintage Heidi Swapp
Now that I have scrapped some of the photos from Lachie's carnival, I can turn my attention to telling some more of Mitchell's story and his adventures at the State Titles.
S xoxox

No comments: