Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Slowly getting back into the scrap of things

This week marks 5 weeks since my shoulder surgery and I am pleased to say that things are going great so far.  I am no longer in constant pain, I am sleeping much better and I can already use my arm and shoulder a lot more than I could prior to the operation. Definitely the best outcome I could have hoped for.
With the recovery process going so well, I have been able to get back to the scrapping desk a little sooner than I originally thought.  Progress is slower than usual but at the end of the day, it all adds up to more layouts in the albums. Today I am sharing some school-related photos from a few weeks ago when the boys received their Golden Letters for excellent behaviour across the semester. Both layouts are based on some of the ideas taught by Shimelle Laine in an online class I recently signed up for.  Still working my way through each of the tutorials ;)
Layout One: Golden Letter Boy.  Attempting to do some 'messy stack layering'.
And some closeups of the layering, misting and embellishments:
Layout Two: So very proud of you.  Another attempt as messy stacks and using a large piece of patterned paper in the background.  Think I have overdone the the green here but I will know that for next time lol. 
And some more closeups for you: 
I have some more layouts to share but I will save that for another day.
Thanks for stopping by.
S xoxo

1 comment:

Kel said...

Gorgeous pages Sarah- the layering looks great :)