Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Scrap the Boys

The criteria for Scrap the Boys this month asked us to use 2 photos (6x4 or smaller), chipboard, washi tape, and mists/paints.  I decided to use some more photos of Lachlan from his time playing in the flood waters earlier this year. Here is what I came up with:
 And some closeups:
The 'love' here is from a sizzix die. It was cut using chipboard and I painted over it using one of the mists I used to created the splattered background with - from memory it is Tattered Angels 'Coffee Shoppe'. In this closeup you can also see some of the Pink Paislee mistable chipboard shapes which I have left unmisted/uninked.
I found an old October Afternoon chipboard in my stash and cut it in half to tuck in behind each of the photos on the layout. There is also another one of the Pink Paislee mistable shapes, although I inked it this time.

Another chipboard frame with yet another Pink Paislee chipboard mistable heart. 
Think I have the got the whole chipboard criteria-thing taken care of with this layout ;) As for the rest of the criteria: 2 photos - check; washi tape - check (used Pink Paislee and October Afternoon here); paint/mist - check.
Thanks for stopping by.
S xoxoxo

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!! The colour palette is so spot on and I love all the little elements you have added to your page!
xoxo

Kim Ewins said...

Great take on the STB challenge. Great pic's and love the colours and title....hehehe
Thanks again for playing along at STB :)

Dot said...

Gorgeous layout and colours, love the way you arranged everything!