Sunday, April 26, 2015

Holiday Sharing Continued

I am back again with more shares from our recent holiday at the beach. 


Layout One: New Records
To say it has been a big year for Lachie in the pool is an understatement. He has had a fantastic season and broke a stack of records. At this particular carnival, he set two new records in his age group.

Layout Two: Totally Smitten
This is a layout that I have been wanting to create for years as a way of documenting my love of reading. Reading is part of my daily life. Working out what photo/s to use was always my stumbling block. There are dozens and dozens of books stored throughout our house but rather than focus on all of those, I chose the three books that are closest to my heart. 'Charlotte's Web' was the first book that I fell in love with way back in Grade Three. I don't know how many times I read it throughout Grades Three and Four but I am sure I could have recited it word-for-word. Next was 'Anne of Green Gables' and the entire collection.  I was madly in love with Gilbert Blythe and was saddened last week to hear of the death of Jonathan Crombie, the actor who played Gil in the teleseries. My all-time favourite read is Harper Lee's 'To Kill a Mockingbird'. I first read it as part of the required reading for Year 11 English and have read it every single year since. What makes this novel even more special is that now I get to teach Year 12 students the joy that is 'Mockingbird' - I feel very blessed to be able to do that.
And a close-up ... between you and me, I am swooning over Amy Tangerine's latest set of foam word thickers.

That's it for the 8 1/2 x 11 sized layouts. I will be back soon with a share of the 12x12 layouts I created.
Thanks for stopping by.
S xoxoxo 

No comments: